Thursday, May 21, 2015

Back in Kampala!

I made it! I am here! I landed in Kampala late on the 2nd and Eddie picked me up from the airport. I arrived at the Kamanzi’s house, and I cannot explain to you how incredible they have been. They have gone above and beyond welcoming me into their home, not to mention Ive been able to eat the BEST Ugandan food ever because Pauline is the BEST cook ever. She’s just amazing. From morning till night they have cared for me in ways that I can never repay. It just about kills me not being able to help with anything, but wow, what an incredible family. Forever grateful for their kindness and willingness to bring me in. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to return the hospitality, but knowing them, they will forever out do me.


On a completely different note, I wanted to say thank you to all of you, thank you for allowing the Lord to work in such a giant way in my life. I cannot tell you all how thankful I am for the enormous ways people have come alongside me in funding. I am shocked by the intense amount generosity that surrounds my life. Every once in a while I would begin to get nervous about money and funding and then bam, someone would give beyond what I would imagine. From family, to friends, to people in the line at the coffee shop, I was humbled and astounded as the Lord continued to focus my heart. So. I cannot thank you enough, I will never be able to show you enough pictures and I won’t be able to bring home enough Ugandan necklaces, so please, just know, my heart will never be the same. I will work hard and learn tons as I walk out your giving. Thank you for believing in me. You are so loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment